Feeling stuck? You’ve got your duck!
At MxBlue, there’s one thing we enjoy doing even more than creating amazing things for our clients. You can probably guess what it is if you’ve already worked with us. Exactly: creating amazing things with our clients. However, this approach has one drawback. But have no fear – MxBlue Duckie has got that covered.
The huge advantage of working with MxBlue
First, let’s look at the biggest advantage of our approach. Because we build our Mendix apps together with your team, you will develop Mendix skills and learn everything there is to know about the app. So, for most things, you won’t need us after that – you’ll be able to manage the app all on your own.
A bug! What now?
We work with coding standards, give our apps a standard structure, peer review what we do and rigorously test everything. This means the app is rock solid. But still, a tiny bug can always be lurking in the shadows somewhere. When you find one, the thought “I need to ask my MxBlue colleague about that” comes to mind. No such luck. Where your work buddy once sat, all you see now is an empty chair.
Duckie Debugging with MxBlue
That’s the drawback of our approach. You’ve learned how to work with Mendix on your own, so it’s up to you to hunt down that bug. We know you can do it, especially now that you have a new teammate: MxBlue Duckie. Feeling stuck? You’ve got your duck.
Just follow the step-by-step plan to Duckie Debugging with MxBlue.
- Gaze into Duckie’s eyes and ask if you can have a chat.
- Explain to Duckie using general terms what it is you want to achieve and what isn’t working.
- Go through your model step by step with Duckie by your side. Keep explaining what it’s doing, don’t skip any steps and be precise. Don’t tell Duckie what you want to happen but simply what’s in front of you.
- Duckie is very patient and interested in the details. And Duckie doesn’t judge. So, if you took a sneaky shortcut somewhere, just be honest.
- But… Duckie isn’t super clever. You really need to explain everything step by step.
- And while you’re doing that, you’ll probably come up with the solution all by yourself.
Why is this effective?
You may be wondering why Duckie Debugging works so well. t’s due to the shift in perspective. By explaining each step to Duckie, you are forcing yourself to look at your model in a different light. As a result, you can now see things that may have previously been overlooked. Go on – give it a try. You’ll be amazed how well it works.